Thank you world

Its hard to believe that someone in a remote part of India,
sitting at an old CRT monitored computer
with a dial-up connection that hardly stays online for more than a few minutes ,
writes, edits and publishes an article that we, 
at the comfort of our couch, browse through on our iPads and mobile phones.

Yet, it does happen. People volunteer at Wikipedia knowing they do not have any financial benefits, credits or fame. They treat the world as their community and are eager to share their wisdom with us.

Its the time of the year for us to look back and be grateful for all the good things that has happened in 2011. 

Contribute to wikipedia, charity:water or any organization you admire. Do your part. Because you can.

 

goal of 2012

Let my people go surfing – Yvon Chouinard

 

Process focused thinking over result oriented thinking.

Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live.” – Nicolas Chamfort

Yvon Chouinard – Philosophy in life and business

Let my people go surfing – Yvon Chouinard

Doing risk sports has to meet another important lesson. never exceed your limits. You push the envelope, and you live for those moments when you’re right on the edge, but you don’t go over. You have to be true to yourself; you have to know your strengths and limitations and live within your means. The same is true for business. The sooner a company tries to be what it is not, the sooner it tries to have it all, the sooner it will die.

I have been a student Of zen philosophy for many years. In Zen archery for example you forget about the goal – hitting the bulls eye- and instead focus on the individual movements involved in shooting an arrow. You practice your stance, reaching back and smoothly pulling an arrow out of the quiver, notching it on the string controlling you’re breathing, and letting the arrow release itself. If you have perfected all the elements you can’t help but hit the center of the target. The same philosophy is true for climbing mountains. If you focus in the process of climbing, you will end up on the summit. As it turns out the perfect place ive found to apply this is in the Business world.

 

 

The Audi & Kia

Saw a couple driving an Audi into a hospital today.

Our DNAs are 99% similar.

Driving an Audi doesnt make you happier or healthier. We’re all bound by some common rules of the nature 99% of the time. We scramble with all our wealth for the other 1%.

 

Reminder for the day

In a world where celebrity equals talent, and where make-believe is called reality, it is most important to have real love, truth and stability in your life.